Houston Expunction Lawyer

How can I get my record expunged?

Record expunction is available for most cases that were either DISMISSED or all cases where the accused was found NOT GUILTY. Until a record is expunged, it still shows the arrest, charge and outcome.

If someone successfully completed a DEFERRED ADJUDICATION probation, there is a tool for getting that removed from the accused's PUBLIC record, but the Government will always know about the charge. This is different from an expunction where it's as if it never, ever happened. This is accomplished through a PETITION FOR NON-DISCLOSURE. There are limitations on whether a non-disclosure can or will be granted.

For juveniles, folks think their record is automatically sealed when they turn 17 or 18. NOT TRUE. Juveniles MUST go back and SEAL their records to keep it from affecting their futures.

J.L. Carpenter practices criminal defense exclusively: an area of law where a person's liberty and justice are at stake. She has the opportunity to make a difference in each client's life and Jennifer Carpenter takes this very seriously.

Contact the Law Office of J.L. Carpenter in Houston today at (713) 201-6767 to schedule a consultation.