Texas Criminal Defense Trial Attorney
J.L. Carpenter is a criminal trial attorney who provides strong and effective criminal defense to individuals throughout the Greater Houston area. Clients come to her when their futures, liberties and very lives are on the line. With so much at stake, you should choose a lawyer who will fight vigorously on your behalf. Contact the Law Office of J.L. Carpenter today for criminal defense in any of the following areas:
- DUI/DWI and license revocation: Attorney Carpenter provides vigorous defense to people who have been charged with DUI/DWI and BWI. J.L. Carpenter represents commercial drivers such as truck drivers, taxi drivers, limo drivers and bus drivers who risk losing their commercial driver's license (CDL) and their jobs if convicted. J.L. Carpenter can fight DWI charges in court and strives to protect each and every client's rights, freedoms and driving privileges.
- Sexual assault: False and unfounded allegations of sexual assault can impact the rest of your life. J.L. Carpenter provides smart, thorough and aggressive defense to people charged with sexual assault, sexual battery and other sex crimes.
- Rape: J.L. Carpenter provides dedicated defense to people who have been charged with rape, date rape and statutory rape. Young people who are charged with rape have their entire lives ahead of them. Do not let a lifetime of sex offender registration ruin your life and forever affect educational, career and housing opportunities.
- Sex offenses related to minors: Sex offenses related to minors carry devastating consequences upon conviction. The social stigma, combined with mandatory sex offender registration, can be enough to virtually ruin an individual's life. J.L. Carpenter provides dedicated and vigorous defense to people facing child molestation charges that include solicitation of a minor, possession of child pornography, indecent exposure and child exploitation.
- Violent crimes: domestic violence, assault, assault with a deadly weapon and murder.
- Financial crimes: theft, shoplifting, burglary, embezzlement, credit card theft, fraud and money laundering.
- Gambling and charges of organized crime resulting from operating a gambling establishment.
- Drug crimes: trafficking, manufacturing, possession with intent to sell, and simple possession of any type of drug, such as marijuana, cocaine, crack, meth, ecstasy, steroids and prescription drugs.
- Robbery and aggravated/armed robbery
- Traffic offenses and driving violations: vehicular manslaughter, felony drunk while intoxicated, DWI, failure to stop and render aid (hit and run) and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- Auto theft or joyriding, also known as unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Property crimes, such as vandalism and graffiti (criminal mischief), destruction of school property, and arson.
- Theft crimes, including burglary and shoplifting.
- Drug and alcohol crimes, including possession, possession with intent to sell, public intoxication, and drunk driving.
- Sex crimes ranging from date rape and sexual assault to lewd behavior and indecency.
- Assault, including school fights, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, and terroristic threats against teachers or other people.
Contact the Law Office of J.L. Carpenter in Houston today.