How can I get my record expunged?

Expunction is available for cases that were either DISMISSED or where the accused was found NOT GUILTY. Until a record is expunged, it still shows the arrest, charge and outcome.

If someone successfully completed a DEFERRED ADJUDICATION probation, there is a tool for getting that removed from the accused’s PUBLIC record, but the Government will always know about the charge. This is different from an expunction where it’s as if it never, ever happened. This is accomplished through a PETITION FOR NON-DISCLOSURE.

For juveniles, folks think their record is automatically sealed when they turn 17 or 18. NOT TRUE. Juveniles MUST go back and SEAL their records to keep it from affecting their futures.